I suggest the following...

Please make viral like mature (long)

Listen here, i'm trying not to go on a rant why viral is bad, because i already got (perma)banned for that, but this is a serious matter. I do get that Hugelol wants to attract more people to the site, and i'm completely fine with that, but the way they're doing it is completely wrong.
First of all, and most important, viral is not funny. Usually funny is subjective, but that's absolutely not what viral is. If viral actually had some good content we (the community) wouldn't be bothered by it nearly as much as it does now.
Second, viral may cause an increase in visitors for now, but that's just only short-term. To explain: there are "two" kinds of people: Hugelollers, the suicidal edgy oldfags, and everyone else on the internet. by adding viral Hugelol will attract some 'normies' to the site, but at the cost of the 'true hugelollers', some will leave the site, and some will turn off viral, as hugelol very much keeps reminding everyone. Thing is, once all the hugelollers turn off viral, we'll stop complaining (i'll come back to this later) about viral, and the newer users who come from places like 9thatwhatshallnotbenamed, think it's totaly fine to post viral-like posts, which are not blockable since they're posts and not viral anymore. Once that happens, we'll get what happened with when bots where a huge thing: many Hugelollers leave, resulting in less quality posts, resulting in more viral-like posts, resulting in more hugelollers leaving, eventually changing the site to what it hated. Worse is: when the good posters leave, all that remains is just viral-like posts for the normies, who eventually will leave the site too, because there are way more, and way better 9-youknowwhat-like sites.Thus resulting in a dead site.
But the thing that bothers me most is the admins way of dealing with this (guess it'll be a little bit of a rant), I'll make this clear first: we, the community, the Hugelollers, we DO care about this site. We all know Hugelol needs money to keep the site going, but whenever we try to fix it, or even just shine some light on the problems, Hugelol just shuts it down, slams down the banhammer and continues on. Of course, a lot of the time it's complaining and making 'edgy posts' about it, I did it too and that's why (I think) I got banned (communication isn't Hugelols strongest part) but that's simply how the community, how we do things around here. We all care about the site and when we see a problem, we just make a post out of it because that's the most effective way of showing these problems to everyone. I completely agree with "Complaining about HUGELOL (its policies, moderation, etc) may result in post deletion and a ban.", but please, accept critism, admit the mistakes you made and just try to listen to what the community has to say, because we all are trying to help solve the problems if you are willing to let us.

to strengthen my point of us do wanting to help the site: I suggest making viral like mature: you actually have to turn it ON to see it. Heck, slap that button on the frontpage if you want, but do make it that the newest of new users won't think it's the norm to post those kind of things.
maybe like this: http://puu.sh/ugweq/47a56543bb.jpg

Hugelol, please listen, we do care

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service