I suggest the following...

Remove strikes count after some period of time.

I think it's unfair for users to get those bans for such a long time (3 or more strikes = a lot of weeks ). Most of the times users don't deserve/ask for it. So if you want to have a fair punishment system, I think afer a period of time you should make one strike go away (eg a month or something). If strikes remain permanently then it will be a matter of time and a shame for users contributing to get perma-banned, because the rules are vague and it's not clearly what is considered bannable and what's not. Also it's hard to return to the site after a 3 weeks ban and being as active as he/she was before. With this system users would be very carefull of what to post if they are on a 2> strike ban (also they won't post as much frequent as they would in fear of getting banned), so they will comply for a month (suggested period of time for removing one strike) and also, when the strike removes, they won't be afraid all the time for getting month-long bans so they will be not afraid to post, even some borderly accepted memes, that we don't know if they fit the rules . It's like a "you learn your lesson" system, because not comlying to the rules should be punished, BUT complying to the rules should get a kind of a reward too.

16 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea